The Story of Houston Hawkins

    My name is Houston Hawkins, a 24 year-old fishing enthusiast. I have been around fishing since the day I could hold my own pole. I grew up in Okoboji, IA where it is home to the Iowa Great Lakes. My passion for fishing started with my dad. He taught me way too many things to write, but all of them come to fruition at some point when out on the water. Growing up, ice fishing was our thing. Every day after school we went out fishing for walleyes. I could always remember looking forward to Christmas break because that meant more ice fishing opportunities. As I grew older, I started expanding my horizons and targeting other species such as muskies, pike, and perch. Here is my father and I holding up two keeper walleyes from the Iowa Great Lakes. 



    Recently I got engaged to my beautiful fiancé Ann. I moved to Rochester, MN to pursue my dreams of being in the healthcare field. With this being said, I left my prior job working at a fishing/bait store. I loved being there and being around fisherman. Hearing the big catches of the day or listening to customers tell me how their granddaughter/grandson broke their favorite pole on a monster fish. Things like that, make me want to continue to hear from people like you about your catch of the day, your favorite fishing moment, recent trip you took, or your experiences to posts on here. Your feedback is what will drive me to continue to post and cherish moments that we have all endured and never forget about. 

Hope to hear from you guys! 

Comments